The basic requirements for the application process are the following:
- A B.A. with an average of 85 and above from a university recognized by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. For American and European students, please contact the Office of Overseas Students’ Admissions in order to receive your equivalent minimum grade average.
- Fluency in English. English proficiency is measured by either the English language subsection of the Psychometric Test, the NITE Amir Test or Amiram Test (computerized Amir). Applicants who have completed a full course of study at an institution where the language of instruction is English, or who completed a degree program in English Language and/or Literature are, are exempt. For further information about the required level of English for acceptance, please follow the link.
- High motivation.
- A background in social engagement or community work.
- The commitment to participate in an intensive program of study, including a 4-month internship.
- Prior experience in working or volunteering in the developing world is a definite advantage.